Re: [RadiusNT] Radius Filter Attribute

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 14 May 1999 10:05:20 -0700

Jeff Cummings wrote:

> I need to create a radius filter on an account that will only allow it to
> access one server on my internal network.
>
> How would I go about implementing and configuring this type of thing?

Filters are NAS-specific and everyone is different. You should
consult your NAS documentation about how it implements filters.

The most common require you to define a filter on the NAS itself,
then use the Framed-Filter attribute in the user's reply attributes
to tell the NAS to use that filter for that user.

Ascend however, has their own vendor proprietary attribute,
Ascend-Framed-Filter where you can define the filter in
RADIUS and send it during the auth.