Re: [Emerald] SQL Server not fast enhough??? BIG Connection

PowerNet ( (no email) )
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 11:55:02 -0400

Everything you are saying is like DejaVu!
I am using 6096's and 4048's .
I have 7.0.4 on the 6096's and 6.1.7 on the 4048's
I am using an AMD 450 256MB ram dual 9GB SCSI HD

I have customers calling saying that they get errors like
1 The remote computer is not answering(even though it sounds like it is=
negotiating)
2 Unable to establish a dial-up network connection
3 disconnected by the remote computer

I have talked to Ascend and tried using radif.
Ascend will tell me that it is in my radius server, or try logging radif=
and send it to us.

I have contacted IEA and they will try to help, but personally, I think the=
problem is in the Ascend box.

Some reasons I think this are:

I have watched customers try to dial and 1) in radif there will be no=
username where there usually is, 2) on the main GUI I don't see LAN=
Security Error or anything else about that user, and 3) they do not show=
up in the rad log on the Emerald GUI

This should mean that they are not getting to the radius server. Mine=
happen to authenticate remotely. I have checked the T1 usage, and that=
should not be the problem.

I hate to be like a customer and blame someone else, so I assume it is my=
problem and see what I can fix. I am getting frustrated and am beginning=
to lose customers and reputation.

I have checked the modem suspect list and there are none on it.

Thanks,
John