Re: [Emerald] Emerald SQL and Negative Balances...

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 08 Oct 1999 15:38:35 -0700

Eric wrote:

> I know this was discussed on the list before, but I cannot seem to find the
> fix for it...
> For some reason after a payment is made to an account, Emerald adds an
> extra penny (in some cases more) which in turn makes the balance a
> negative. When we first in countered this problem, we figured a simple work
> around would be to set every ones balance to $0.00 before billing. This
> works, except when a customer pays an account after the balance is set to
> $0, then it figures the payment is a pre-payment (which it should) then we
> end up with a negative balance. So now I have the problem of some customers
> were supposed to be billed $150.00 and were instead credited $150.00
> :-( [not very good for business]
> If I remember correctly, this is not a short coming or problem with
> Emerald, but rather with SQL.
> So, now we need to fix SQL so that Emerald does not charge or round up the
> cents.

Its not an SQL or Emerald bug. It has to do with numbers. There are
two resolutions to this problem:

1) Change your rates/percentages to not including more than two
decimals.

2) Upgrade to a later version of Emerald that supports calculating past
two decimals (you can get this from support or the beta dirs). Make
sure you set the "calculate past two decimals" option in the Admin if
you choose this.