Re: [Emerald] Emerald SQL and Negative Balances...

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 09:57:16 -0700

Eric wrote:

> Dale,
> None of our rates are beyond 2 decimals (eg. PPP = $20.00, etc.) The only
> thing that counts a percentage is the annual pay period, which is set to
> 17% because we couldn't get Emerald to read 16.67% discount. I must have
> missed something, what could be causing the balance of ($0.01) to show up
> for our customers?
> I will check into the newer version of Emerald, but if all that gets me is
> the ability for Emerald to calculate past 2 decimals, then maybe that wont
> solve the problem.
> Thanks for the help.
> Eric Jensen

The 1 cent problem is usually a result of a percentage that gets
calculated over an annual period. What was happening is that the
total of the each line item was one cent off from the total on the
invoice. When you pay an invoice, Emerald totals the line items,
which is 1 penny off from the invoice total (and the customer's
balance was on the invoice total). We fixed this "rounding"
problem, which caused headaches to some people who were using
the "problem" to get their bills to where they wanted (not
realizing the numbers where not adding up).