Re: [Emerald] Texas ISP Tax

Eric Reeves ( tilex@alluvium.com )
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 11:00:14 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 8 Sep 1999, Dale E. Reed Jr. wrote:

> One thing I haven't been able to clarify. Is the tax "credit" (if you
> will)
> per service, or accumulative? For example, if you have two dialup
> services
> for $20 each on the same MBR, is that tax on $15, or is there no tax on
> either (since they are both under $25)?

Yes, it is accumulative, and calculated month-to-month. An example was
given by the Comptroller as follows:

$24.95 ISDN Dialup Acct
$10.00 Additional Dialup

$9.95 is the taxable amount for the given month.

So. . You would need to be able to flag a service as either taxable, or
non-taxable. Then at the time of generating invoices, all taxable
services for 1 month would be added up, subtract $25 from the total, and
if it's a positive number multiply by .0825 (at least down here in
Houston) to determine the tax charged for a given month.

| Eric Reeves eric@ghg.net |
| GHG Corporation tilex@alluvium.com |