Re: [Emerald] On-line...

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 11:05:51 -0700

David Routh wrote:

> At 07:23 PM 08/25/1999 -0400, you wrote:
> >From: David Routh <drouth@davlin.net>
> >
> >If the username isn't in Emerald anywhere, then it won't be shown in the
> >Online view. I never noticed this before until a couple of weeks ago when I
> >had to set up a few connection profiles directly in one of our Maxes for a
> >few dedicated ISDN connections using routing, etc.
>
> That would explain it... Thanks.

Thats simply not true. The online view only looks at the Servers and
ServerPorts table and has no relevance to the users actually in Emerald.
We have had migration situations where the customers setup Emerald
and start collecting accounting information, whereas there is no
users in Emerald yet and the auth is in a UNIX box. The on-line
works fine for that.

I would guess that if you on-line is not working and you ARE
receiving accounting requests, that the ports on your NAS are
not configured right. Run this script in isql_w and see if it
allows the calls online to work correctly:

ftp://ftp.iea-software.com/RadiusNT/MSSQL/updtports.sql