Re: [Emerald] printing invoices

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 09:27:26 -0700

Josh Hillman wrote:

> From: Tommy Cheng <tommycheng@pcmagic.net>
> > while i am not an expert on crystal reports, what is the best way to print
> > 5000 invoices from crystal reports? I need to print invoice from #10000
> > #15000. can you give me a hint?
>
> Click on Database, then "Show SQL query".
> How about adding "where Invoice.InvoiceID between 10000 and 15000" in the
> SQL script? If you already have a "where" clause, then replace "where
> Invoice..." with "and Invoice..."
>
> I'd make a copy of your original Invoice.rpt file before making these
> changes.
> For testing, I'd make the range of invoices something like 10000 - 10020 to
> see if it works correctly. Once you verify that it is working, just change
> the numbers.
>
> You can print the invoices directly from within CR.

Crystal gets pretty slow on the upper end and has to gen each page
seperately
in memory as it prints it. I would recommend doing chunks of 1000 or
so. Unless you have a LOT of memory (like over 128mb) on the client,
you
are going to see a major slow down after a while. We are looking into
adding
this feature natively to the next update of Emerald.