Re: [Emerald] [RadiusNT] Radius NT / Emerald Logging problem

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 06 Aug 1999 10:40:47 -0700

Rick Knospler wrote:

> > > I am running the enterprise version of Radius NT 2.5.175. I am using
> > > roaming radius functionality. I have no trouble stripping the domain and
> > > having users login.. My problems begin at logging any of the roaming
> > > calls.. Running Radius in debug mode shows I am getting accounting records
> > > sent. What are the requirements / settings needed to log calls from
> > > roaming servers?
> >
> >None. They should be logged just like all the other accounting
> >records you receive.
>
> That is what I thought.. I am stripping domain names for authentication
> but call records are inserted into the calls table with the domain name
> listed.. Also, the online table in Emerald client never shows any of the
> roaming clients.. Any idea how to stip the domain in the log and have the
> calls show when connected?

RadiusNT doesn't strip the domain from the accounting records.

To see the roaming customers, you need to update your DB/trigger.
There is a script on the FTP site you can run that will do this
for you:

ftp://ftp.iea-software.com/Emerald/sql/roamports.sql