Re: [Emerald] Emerald users

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 16:21:31 -0700

Tommy Cheng wrote:

> Like, how do you use Emerald to issue a credit to customer?

You can add an adjustment (credit) while editing the user.

> How do you issue a credit with prorate to a specific date or for over
> billing?

I'm not quite sure I understand what you are asking here.

> Like, if a customer wants to pay for a year in advance, then changed his
> mind and asked for refund, then asked to change his billing to monthly. Can
> Emerald do that by default? After that customer is paid for a year, Emerald
> will not bill that customer correctly after I issued a credit because there
> will be no invoice generated for that user. I need to manually change that
> in SQL so Emerald can generate invoice the next time.

What I would do is void the yearly invoice, change his pay period to
monthly, and re-bill. Emerald will handle setting the dates back
correctly when you void the invoice.

> Also, we need, without knowing too much programming on asp or cold fusion,
> an interface on the web so customer can update their personal info (address,
> credit card number, etc).

This will be available in the next major release.

> I mean, these are intergral part of other billing software, and I like to
> see Emerald have this capability as well.

It will.

> But since I am more familiar with Emerald's database, and how to deal with
> it, I am unwilling to change to other billing program right now. But I have
> a questin. What can I expect from Emerald soon? That is, without making me
> upgrade to version 3 first.

Version 2.5 is frozen on the feature set. No new features will be
available for it, just bug fixes. Emerald Version 3 is already heavily
in development and will be going into Alpha in a couple of months.