RE: [Emerald] Serv-U

Jeff Woods ( jwoods@deltacomm.com )
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 16:41:44 -0400

I paid for support to get this issue resolved, and Sean Workman did help --
he got it working again. I'm strapped for time TODAY, but if someone will
nudge me on Sunday, I'll try to write up what is required. Also, someone
needs to nudge DALE to update the /external/beta directory -- Peter at IEA
gave me a newer .DLL and that was required -- Peter took one look at the
log output I was getting from the April 16, 1999 version, and had Sean send
a new one. Since it isn't posted, I cannot redistribute it, but Dale may
want to get with Peter, release it to official beta, and get people using
it. Other issues involved ensuring via SQL that the EmeraldApps group had
"select" permission to the "Liscenses" (sic) table -- it does not by
default, and if it doesn't have it, it cannot validate your Emerald
license. There's an undocumented Registry setting that can trim the size
of the EmerAuth log file way down, and the ODBC settings on the SERV-U
server have to be "just right".

I'll write it all down and create that "EmerAuth for Dummies" FAQ once I
find the time. Again, the biggest issue we had was ensuring permissions
to the "Liscenses" table, confirming the ODBC settings, ensuring
"eaadmn.exe" had the proper settings, and upgrading to a more recent .DLL.