Re: [Emerald] Serv-U

Jeff Woods ( jwoods@deltacomm.com )
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 16:46:53 -0400

At 04:07 PM 6/11/99 -0400, you wrote:

> > Did you run Eaadmn to setup the registry information?
>What is Eaadmn?

EmerAuth Admin Client

>Where do I find it?

ftp://ftp.iea-software.com/emerald/external/beta (I think)

In any case, this is a hidden directory, not visible unless you know it is
there. Download the file emerauth3_full.exe -- that's the version that has
eaadmn.exe in it (though the version dated 5/20/99 is the one that Peter
wanted upgraded -- you may also want the emerauth3.zip file in the same
directory, which is dated today and may be the .DLL that Peter compiled for
me).

>Where does it tell me to run it?

It doesn't -- this is something you just have to know from having read this
list.

> I'm guessing by
> > the logs that you didn't. You also need to setup an External System
> > in the Emerald Admin, associate services to it, and put the ESID of the
> > External System in the EmerAuth Admin.
>Been done for years.

And may not be necessary -- I have it working and authenticating without an
ESID installed at all.