RE: [Emerald] Serv-U

Jeff Woods ( jwoods@deltacomm.com )
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 16:53:41 -0400

Why do you fear having the tray icon available? It is not only useful,
but almost a necessity if you want to check server performance and such, or
to reconfigure a new local anonymous user for a new client....

Why even run Serv-U as a service? Put it in the startup group for a user,
and then have that user auto-admin-login. Then you have the systray icon
when you need it, and the FTP server starts automatically upon boot.