Re: [Emerald] Problems in call consolidation

David Moore ( (no email) )
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 07:04:41 +1000

If you can call the consolidation a success then I would say that it was
only a half success as the results are questionable. Any way this is what I
did to get the consolidation to semi work.

A bit of history:
I installed my emerald 2.2 - 2.5 upgrade back in Jan 1999 and from that time
forward I could not consolidate, after using various versions of Emerald and
much messing around I decided to wipe my 2.2 - 2.5 upgraded database out and
install Emerald and customer data fresh thinking that 2.2 - 2.5 upgrade data
was the real problem, WRONG the new version would not consolidate either. as
a by product we used to write out the emerald data base to a text file this
stoped back in Jan 1999 in May I discovered that having an expire date was
mandatory to writing out the text file so in went the Expire date even
though an expire date is incompatible with the way we wish to do business. I
am sure in my own mind that adding in the expire date is part and parcel to
doing a consolidation however my results are at best a half result.

My steps to consolidation:
1. Around the 4-5 / June 1999 I down loaded emerald25.exe from
ftp.iea-software/emerald
2. I uninstalled Emerald and Radius from my production machine but left the
emerald data intact.
3. I deleted the emerald/radius directory (so no previous programs were
going to interfere)
3. I re-installed Emerald and Radius using the emerald25.exe
4. I went in to Emerald Admin and ran /Database /Maintenance /Check Database
5. I also ran the Update calls table from the same menu
6. I then went in to emerald and ran from the batch menu Pre Invoice Summary
and finally Charges.

As my original e-mail indicates the dates for consolidation were all screwed
up instead of the being for April / May my consolidation gave me dates of 5
Jan 1999 (05/01/1999) and 6 Jan 1999 (06/01/1999) instead of 01/05/1999 and
01/06/1999.

Hope this helps
Regards David Moore
moored@romtech.com.au