RE: [Emerald] Open Letter to see how we can get our Emerald to

Glen Harvy ( glen@aquarius.com.au )
Tue, 25 May 1999 09:29:06 +1000

At 16:21 24/05/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I would wager that in most cases, it isn't a bug, but operator error. It
>sounds like this person in Australia doesn't have something configured
>properly. If it was a BUG affecting him, then NOBODY would be able to run
>consolidation. But most of us can, so....

I'm in Australia. I can run consolidation. Emerald 2.2 deletes data prior
to the 1st of the month whereas I have configured Emerald to consolidate on
the 15th monthly. Consolidation therefor doesn't work for me.

Dale has CONFIRMED that there is a bug in 2.2 in regard to the above.

>At 02:46 PM 5/24/99 -0500, you wrote:
>>Why should I pay for support to fix their own bugs in their app, that's the
>>craziest thing I have ever heard. If I was having a setup problem, or
>>something like that, but when it's their own bugs?

Glen.
AQUARIUS Communications for all your Internet needs
voice(02)9977-3788 fax(02)9977-3844
http://www.aquarius.com.au mailto:sales@aquarius.com.au