Re: [Emerald] SQL 6.5

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Wed, 19 May 1999 15:52:54 -0400

From: John Roman <jroman@toua.net>
>This error is reported in event viewer, when I try to manually start SQL
>it says that it cannot start because of an internal windows error.

This may be a stupid question, but have you tried rebooting the machine?
Maybe that'd help.
Try starting SQL in single-user mode. I don't have any idea if it'll get
you anywhere or not, but it can't hurt:
sqlservr -m
If it does start in single-user mode, maybe you can sift through the SQL
logs from within Enterprise Manager and see what's going on with it. Also,
take a look in the mssql\log directory for any pointers.

Josh