RE: [Emerald] SQL 6.5

John Roman ( )
Thu, 20 May 1999 01:51:48 -0700

Actually rebooting the machine is what caused SQL to die in the first
I just got off the phone with microsoft tech support at $195 and they
helped me repair the master database which had gotten damaged.
Thanks for everyones suggestions though.

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Hillman []
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 1999 12:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Emerald] SQL 6.5

From: John Roman <>
>This error is reported in event viewer, when I try to manually start
>it says that it cannot start because of an internal windows error.

This may be a stupid question, but have you tried rebooting the machine?
Maybe that'd help.
Try starting SQL in single-user mode. I don't have any idea if it'll
you anywhere or not, but it can't hurt:
sqlservr -m
If it does start in single-user mode, maybe you can sift through the SQL
logs from within Enterprise Manager and see what's going on with it.
take a look in the mssql\log directory for any pointers.