Re: [Emerald] cisco and radius NT problem URGENT URGENT URGENT

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 10 May 1999 09:32:01 -0700

Gary Walworth wrote:

> I have the same problem, except with a 3COM/USR Total Control. I had to turn
> off RadiusNT Concurrency Control just so my customers can log in... and it's
> really screwing with our hourly customer billing since I cannot rely on the
> accounting information.

There is a known issue with some USR TC configs where when you reboot
them, they restart counting the AcctSessionID field to 00000000. That
causes problems to no end with RadiusNT and definately isn't RFC
compliant. The only workaround I know of is to add NASPort and Username
to the key, to reduce the possibility of a duplicate.