Re: [Emerald]

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 10:13:26 -0400

From: Kelly Wright <kelly@buz.net>
>I have a question on the einvoice.rpt. Where does emerald look for the
>einvoice.rpt? I have it in our reports dir and I am not sure it is looking
>there for the file. Is there somewhere in Emerald I need to have the file
>located or pointed. When I test it, the email is not the same format that
>changed in my edit.

My suggestion is do delete *.rpt out of the Emerald directory and keep all
*.rpt in some other directory that's accessible via the network so all
client machines can access the same files (\\server\emerald\reports\*.rpt or
something). Make sure the shared resource name isn't longer than 8
characters (the "emerald" part in my example above)--Windows 95 (and 98?)
machines have problems with share-names longer than 8 characters and that
may cause Emerald on one of those machines to have a problem seeing the
reports.

Go into Emerald Admin, click on Client, then Reports.
Directory: \\server\emerald\reports (whatever)
DON'T check "Force Client to only use Global Reports" -- to the best of my
knowledge, this still does not work as of 2.5.26something. When you check
it, it'll cause Emerald 2.5 to not be able to access any reports in that
area for some reason.

Here's a message that I wrote to the list about this problem back on
1/10/99:

From: Josh Hillman
Subject: [Emerald] Re: Emerald 2.5.229 can't batch-print using forced global
reports path PART 2