Re: [Emerald] Database Device Expansion errors

Adam Greene ( (no email) )
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 10:41:20 -0500

Dale E. Reed Jr. wrote:

>>Should I expand the Emerald Data Device?

>You probablu will need to. One thing you should do is run the
>checkdb.sql script and then recalculate the size of the DB.

Thanks for the reply.

What does one have to do to run the checkdb.sql script? Is it simply to =
run DBCC CHECKDB(Emerald) from ISQL_w? I looked in the list archives =
and saw that there was a checkdb.sql script on the IEA ftp site in =
/Emerald/beta in the past, but I did not find that ftp directory today =
on the ftp site. =20

I did find a checkdb.sql file on my server (last modified 11/14/97), the =
contents of which are
------------
DBCC CheckDB(Emerald)
GO

DBCC NewAlloc(Emerald)
GO

DBCC UpdateUsage(Emerald)
GO

DBCC CheckIdent(Actions) =20
GO

DBCC CheckIdent(Charges) =20
GO

DBCC CheckIdent(ClassDates) =20
GO

DBCC CheckIdent(Classes) =20
GO

DBCC CheckIdent(Credits) =20
GO

DBCC CheckIdent(Domains) =20
GO

DBCC CheckIdent(ExternalSystems) =20
GO

DBCC CheckIdent(ExternalTrans) =20
GO

DBCC CheckIdent(Groups) =20
GO

DBCC CheckIdent(Incidents) =20
GO

DBCC CheckIdent(InvoiceItems) =20
GO

DBCC CheckIdent(Invoices) =20
GO

DBCC CheckIdent(Mail) =20
GO

DBCC CheckIdent(MasterAccounts) =20
GO

DBCC CheckIdent(OperatorAccess) =20
GO

DBCC CheckIdent(RadATConfigs) =20
GO

DBCC CheckIdent(RadConfigs) =20
GO

DBCC CheckIdent(RadValues) =20
GO

DBCC CheckIdent(Rates) =20
GO

DBCC CheckIdent(Reports) =20
GO

DBCC CheckIdent(Scripts) =20
GO

DBCC CheckIdent(Servers) =20
GO

DBCC CheckIdent(SubAccounts) =20
GO
-----------

Should I use this script?

If this script temporarily puts the database out of service, should I =
set RadiusNT to authenticate via a text file during the process?

To "recalculate the size of the DB" I assume I would just open the =
Emerald databse in the SQL Enterprise Manager and click the =
"Recalculate" button. =20
I would do this AFTER running the checkdb.sql script. Does that all =
sound okay?

Thank you so much for your help. =20

Adam