Re: [Emerald] Database Device Expansion errors

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 02 Apr 1999 08:42:06 -0800

Adam Greene wrote:

> Dale E. Reed Jr. wrote:
>
> >>Should I expand the Emerald Data Device?
>
> >You probablu will need to. One thing you should do is run the
> >checkdb.sql script and then recalculate the size of the DB.
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> What does one have to do to run the checkdb.sql script? Is it
> simply to run DBCC CHECKDB(Emerald) from ISQL_w? I looked in
> the list archives and saw that there was a checkdb.sql script
> on the IEA ftp site in /Emerald/beta in the past, but I did
> not find that ftp directory today on the ftp site.

Just load checkdb.sql into isql_w and execute it against your Emerald
database. The checkdb.sql that comes with Emerald will work fine for
you. I did put the newest one in /emerald/updates a few minutes
ago. The only difference is that it includes a section at the
bottom to update all of your indexes as well.

> If this script temporarily puts the database out of service,
> should I set RadiusNT to authenticate via a text file during
> the process?

As it checkes each table, it will lock it. However, for most tables
(except maybe the calls table) it should only be a couple of
seconds.

> To "recalculate the size of the DB" I assume I would just open
> the Emerald databse in the SQL Enterprise Manager and click the
> "Recalculate" button.

Yes.

> I would do this AFTER running the checkdb.sql script. Does that all sound okay?

Yep.

For more information about this list, including removal,please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html