Re: [Emerald] ServU

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 14:24:28 -0800

"Geoffrey L. Scully" wrote:

> Since they are all connected to the Emerald server through the client I would
> assume that the permission problem would be with the Emerald server? If I do a
> File, External Systems, batch out, it works fine. It is just not Autosyncing.

The concept of an "Emerald server" is a common misunderstanding. Each
Emerald client talks to the database directly. For Emails, each
Emerald client talks to your mail Server directly. Assuming that
you are not getting an error in Emerald, I would be curious what
your Mail server log for that period looked like.

> As for the ServU. I did put in a path like for mapping that drive. In ServU
> there is a default user allready created. Do I need to modify this account and
> is that the account Emerald uses for each account it creates?

No. AFAIK, Serv-U doesn't use the default user when logging in a
user from Emerald.

For more information about this list, including removal,please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html