Re: [Emerald] calls table primary key

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 19:27:04 -0800

Rudy Komsic wrote:

> > Put AcctSessionID First. You want the must unique field first, to
> > make the index more unique.
> >
> > I'm not sure why you can't just re-create the primary key without
> > doing all this? Just right click over the table, select properties,
> > click the advanced, and change the primary key.
> >
> Dale
> because some of us are unfortunate to the USR's Chassis bug where it does
> not increment the first 2 bits in a sessionID, the primary key will always
> fail to be created since there are duplicate records. That is why this
> occurs.

The changing of the primary key is allowing a much more leniant key
on the calls table than normal. The typical issue with this is that
if you have call records coming in which this happens, you will have
a problem. I typically rename the calls table, re-create the primary
key, and then rename it back.

For more information about this list, including removal,please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html