Re: [Emerald] Having Probs with remote logins to emerald (the client prog not dialing in users)

Kurt White ( kurtw@iea-software.com )
Tue, 02 Feb 1999 15:39:25 -0800

Hi David,
Sounds like an authentication issue.
You should check that both machines the SQL server and Emerald client
machine are dialed in as far as the protocol used to do the conneciton
You have a SQL utility called "SQL Client Configuration"
Check that both machines network setting is either TCP/IP or Named-Pipes,
Also you might have mixed mode selected, in which case the client machine
needs both a WINNT-SAM and matching SQL Login.
Lastly does the client machine have authorization to use resources in the domain

of the server?
Regards,
Kurt