Re: [Emerald] Dale: Billing Question.

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:04:39 -0800

Brad Teague wrote:

> I am trying to set all of my billing options and rates and services and
> discounts up correctly. In doing so I have run across something. I've
> noticed that the Billing options are matched to the MBR and not the
> subaccounts of that MBR. This poses a problem for adding services to an
> existing customer and say the person wants to pay annually for one service
> and be billed for the other services. If I apply a discount for paying
> annually then everything for that MBR is discounted as well as the whole

The first isn't true. When you create the service in Emerald, you check
the "termed discount" if you want the service to receive the discount
you have associated to your pay periods. Therefore, you would check it
for your PPP and uncheck it for your domain hosting.

> amount is due. If I switch it to monthly payments, then I can have a
> discount for a service based on the "Cost" field under that service. What
> I'm driving at is: How can I (if it is possible) make it so that a person
> can have two services (eg. Standard PPP dialup account, and Domain Hosting)
> and be billed monthly for one and annually for the other. Since we give a
> discount for annual prepay of dialup accounts and not annual prepay of
> domain hosting, this is very likely to be a common case. If there isn't a
> way to do this.... can there be soon?

You would have to create to MBRs for them or have them pay the same
term for both services.

For more information about this list, including removal,please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html