Re: [Emerald] Failed 2.5 Upgrade

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 16:25:44 -0800

David Mulberry wrote:
> Radius no longer worked so I switched Radius back to the Emerald db, and
> guess what, it still doesn't work. So now I am screwed.... I have tried
> switching back and forth from the Emerald25 and Emerald db, rebooting,
> restarting the RadiusNT service, uninstalling the RadiusNT service and even
> tried loading the new version of RadiusNT that came with Emerald25, which is
> what I am running now. No luck....
> I ran the RadiusNT debug program and I see an error "Invalid Attribute
> length" "Attribute 24 length 2" "Malformed Packet"

You should be using RadiusNT 2.5.124, not the one that came with
Emerald 2.5. Please double-check that.

The above problem is that you need to check the "allow malformed"
option in the RadiusNT admin and restart RadiusNT. That has
nothing to do with Emerald itself.

For more information about this list, including removal,please see