Re: assigning different ips for the same user depending on the port he connects

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 05 Sep 1998 14:33:14 -0700

Ioannis Chazakis wrote:

> Hi, i'm a new member to this list.
> I've started evaluating the radius server and i've already got a question !
>
> i am allowing demo users to dialin and check out my system.
> I would like to :
> a) limit their logins to a maximum of 5
> b) assign to each one of them a different ip address depending on the
> port they connect, i.e. username demo, nas port 1, ip address 10.0.0.1
> username demo,nas port 2, ip address 10.0.0.2 etc
>
> i tried using both text and odbc authentication with the following users
> file :

> demo Password = "demo", Nas-Port = 1
> User-Service = Framed-User,
> Framed-Protocol = PPP,
> Framed-Address = 10.0.0.1,
> Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.0,
> Framed-Routing = None
>
> demo Password = "demo", Nas-Port = 2
> User-Service = Framed-User,
> Framed-Protocol = PPP,
> Framed-Address = 10.0.0.2,
> Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.0,
> Framed-Routing = None
>
> so that user demo at port 1 gets ip 10.0.0.1 and user demo at port 2 gets ip
> 10.0.0.2
> I then dial into port 1 and get the correct ip address. When I dial into
> port 2, i get disconnected and from what i figured out, only the first demo
> entry in the text file is checked which has a nas-port = 1 so I get
> disconnected.
> Is there any way to accomplish what I am trying to do?

Unfortunately, there isn't. RadiusNT currently doesn't support the
syntax that you are looking for. Once it find a matching username, it
does not continue looking for another if that one doesn't work.