Undeliverable: Accounting periods

System Administrator ( postmaster@nmt.co.il )
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 10:33:58 +0200

------_=_NextPart_000_01BDE083.94EFA3B4

Your message

To: emerald@iea-software.com
Subject: Accounting periods
Sent: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 04:21:42 +0200

Emerald-list@mail.extent.com on Tue, 15 Sep 1998 10:33:57 +0200
The recipient name is not recognized
MSEXCH:IMS:NMT:nmt:MAIN 0 (000C05A6) Unknown Recipient

------_=_NextPart_000_01BDE083.94EFA3B4

From: Glen Harvy <glen@aquarius.com.au>
To: emerald@iea-software.com
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 04:21:42 +0200

Hi Dale,

I charge my customers as at the 15th monthly. That is, for the period
starting at 0000 on the 15th and until 2359 on the 14th of the month.

I have my accounts set to expire on 09/15/98 on the Billing cycle in the
MBR.

I ran Call Consolidation on the 15th expecting the call data from 08/15/98
to 09/14/98 to be consolidated and placed in the History table. The
previous time I ran Call Consolidation was on 15th August.

To explain my problem and as an example, on 09/14/98, one of our customers
record showed TIME ON from 08/15/98 to 09/15/98 as 53 hours. After Call
Consolidation on 09/15/98, TIME ON was calculated by Emerald for the same
period as 27 hours.

What APPEARS to have happened is the data from the period prior to 08/31/98
has been consolidated. The data from 09/01/98 remains in the Time On
section.

When I ran call consolidation I entered 09/15/98 as the Invoice Date.

Examining the Call History for the above example customer, the Start Date
shows 08/15/98 and the time is 45 hours.

Can you explain or elaborate on these two issues:

A. Can the Calls Table be consolidated on the basis that it will always
include the data from the beginning of the current billing cycle to
whenever Call Consolidation is actually ran. Alternately, can the Calls
Table always contain the current billing period's data. This is of some
importance to me as I use SQL queries to enable my users to access details
of all calls for the current period.

I realise that some ISP's call data may be substantial and consolidation
may need to be ran more frequently. I would therefor like to see what I
propose as at least an option.

B. What was the actual time used by my client from 08/15/98 to 09/14/98 in
the example I have used above?

Glen.
AQUARIUS Communications for all your Internet<>Fidonet needs
<>Full ISP services<>FrontDoor Commercial<>TransX Internet/FTSC Mailer
voice(02)9977-3788<>fax(02)9977-3844<>bbs(02)9977-2855<>3:714/930
http://www.aquarius.com.au <> mailto:sales@aquarius.com.au

------_=_NextPart_000_01BDE083.94EFA3B4--