Bugs in Emerald 2.5.67 [RE: Error 13 'Types incompatible']

Peter A. Sang ( (no email) )
Mon, 18 May 1998 11:03:48 +0200

Hi Dale,

client is NT4WS SP3 ger, SQL Client 6.50.252 ger(?),
D:\MSSQL\BINN\ntwdblib.dll, 15.06.97 (DD.MM.YY), 276480 Bytes, using
named pipes.

I'm an idiot....'Use international settings' was accidentially unchecked
->checked it -> the error message is gone :) Sorry!

Quick test shows this bugs:
1. (Old one still partially there):

'Edit' a masteraccount. The account manager with the services tab
selected shows the list of logins/services with details of the 1st one
below. OK so far.
<<...>>
Now doubleclick first row, first line: service detail displays the wrong
data (from 1st record in dbo.subaccounts)

<<...>>

Select menu/services/reload and dblclick again: correct data is
displayed now.

(like the 1st screenshot)

Bug#2
Select The TimeOn Tab and click 'update': Error in SQL statement.

Manually executing the query:

Select Start=DateAdd(Second, (0-AcctSessionTime-AcctDelayTime),
CallDate), (AcctSessionTime/60)+1, (AcctInputOctets/1000)+1,
(AcctOutputOctets/1000)+1, Location, UserName, AcctTerminateCause,
Server, NASPort, ConnectInfo From Calls, Servers Where
(Username='rmohneck') and CallDate >= '30.04.98' and CallDate <=
'30.05.98' and AcctStatusType=2 and NASIdentifier=IPAddress Order by
Start

results in (GERMAN SQL client against US SQL server)

Msg 296, Level 16, State 3
The conversion of CHAR to SMALLDATETIME resulted in a SMALLDATETIME
value out of range.
Msg 296, Level 16, State 3
The conversion of CHAR to SMALLDATETIME resulted in a SMALLDATETIME
value out of range.

Changin the above query to US date format gives the correct results!

Start Location
UserName AcctTerminateCause Server
NASPort ConnectInfo
--------------------------- ----------- ----------- -----------
--------------- -------------------------------- ------------------
------------------------- ----------- --------------------------------
30 Apr 1998 12:43 26 22 2111
PortMaster3 rmohneck 1 PM3
2 14400 MNP/NONE
30 Apr 1998 20:34 25 78 592
PortMaster3 rmohneck 1 PM3
2 14400 MNP/NONE
1 Mai 1998 13:29 8 44 289
PortMaster3 rmohneck 1 PM3
0 14400 MNP/NONE
[.....]

I setup a GERMAN SQL server and tried your original query, if it's
directed against a german server, it works! So this is dependent on the
SERVER and NOT a client issue!!!

Results #2 (GERMAN SQL client against GERMAN SQL server)

Start Location
UserName AcctTerminateCause Server
NASPort ConnectInfo
--------------------------- ----------- ----------- -----------
--------------- -------------------------------- ------------------
------------------------- ----------- --------------------------------
30.04.98 12:43 26 22 2111
PortMaster3 rmohneck 1 PM3
2 14400 MNP/NONE
30.04.98 20:34 25 78 592
PortMaster3 rmohneck 1 PM3
2 14400 MNP/NONE
01.05.98 13:29 8 44 289
PortMaster3 rmohneck 1 PM3
0 14400 MNP/NONE
[...]

NOTE THE DIFFERENT DATE FORMATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please have a look at
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q173/9/07.asp regarding
this issue ! Maybe it would be best to have Emerald use the ISO
format???

Thats enough for today ;)

cu, Peter