Re: Radius not receiving logoff message

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 15 Aug 1998 09:41:50 -0700

Edsonet wrote:

> RadiusNT is working great! Our power system used to be so reliable, but
> lately it has been up and down like a toilet seat. Our system was UPS
> protected except for the modem pool. When we got a power failure, RadiusNT
> would not receive (or would not process) all of the logoff messages because
> they all happened at once. When this happens, the customer cannot log back
> in again. So we installed a UPS on the modem pool. This has reduced the
> problem, but not eliminated it. Since this is a small town, power failures
> usually affect the whole town and all the customers go down at once anyway,
> and the logoffs are only slightly staggered.
>
> Is there any way of handling this problem within RadiusNT?

The RADIUS requests should be queued by the client for reliable
delivery. Even if RadiusNT is flooded with stop requests, they should
eventually be re-sent by the client.

What is your typical repsonse time you see in -x15 deug mode when
RadiusNT is minimized (yeah, sorta a catch 22, but the video overhead
when its maximized is much greater than that RadiusNT's response time
itself).