Re: Re: Radius not receiving logoff message

Edsonet ( administrator@yellowhead.com )
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 10:37:14 -0600

Dale;
Don't get me wrong. I am not suggesting that there is a problem in
RadiusNT. The problem is more than likely in the NetBlazer. But the same
problem can occur when someone like my partner simply reboots the NetBlazer
because he doesn't know what else to do, or if it simply reboots itself
(that used to occur quite often on the previous version of software). It
leaves all those people logged in high and dry, and they won't be able to
get back in until someone else logs in on that line.

What I am asking is: "Is there any way that RadiusNT can correct the
problem without human intervention, regardless of how the problem occurred
in the first place?". For example, could it query the NAS periodically to
confirm what it has in the database? I know this is asking a lot, but I am
also sure that I am not the only one to have encountered this problem.

J.A. Coutts