Re: Calls Online not accurate 2.5.124

Majordomo@essex1.com ( (no email) )
Thu, 09 Jul 1998 11:21:25 -0500

Hi;
We have always had this problem, for some time we simply used Tsmon and
let its concurrency take care of multiple logins. The problem with Tsmon is
they have to login first then they get dropped after 5 or so minutes. A
couple of months ago I wrote a VB5 program that telnets into our PM2's and
3's gathers the logins and updates the Radius database (along with checking
idle bytes, login times etc.). Seems to be working fine, I reformatted our
Linux box with NT and made it a dedicated backup Radius server. I think
there is a new feature in RaduisNT for monitoring Portmasters but I haven't
had a chance to look at it (at this time we don't need it anyway). With the
way Diamond is pushing these shotgun modems RadNt's login limits come in
very handy.

At 11:06 AM 7/9/98 -0400, you wrote:
>We just upgraded to 2.5.124 from 1.16.xx (NT4.0, SP3, latest ODBC driver
>(3.5??), ODBC mode, Access '97 enhanced database) and we are very pleased.
>One problem. When a user is disconnected due to bad phone line, etc., the
>Calls Online query leaves the user active and does not insert a stop
>record. Our PM3s (ComOS 3.8b17) see that the user has disconnected. But
>when the user dials back, he cannot login as concurrency control sees that
>he is still "active", and a reject 14 is inserted into RadLogs. Manual
>Calls Update and Concurrency were enabled. ServerPorts populated. All else
>appears normal.
>
>We have disabled concurrency control until this is resolved. Help!
>
>TIA,
>

>*********
>Michael G. Minnich, President Access Visions Corporation
>Voice: 937.593.7177 x.126 Fax: 937.592.4165

R. Laughlin
Majordomo@essex1.com
Essex Internet
Sterling, IL 61081