Re: Upgrade 2.2 to 2.5 (Standard not Enterprise)

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 30 May 1998 23:06:05 -0700

George Stossel wrote:

> I bit the bullet yesterday and upgraded a fully functioning 2.2
> (MSAccess) to 2.5 and it's now broken.
> I installed 2.5 to a different directory (C:\RadiusNT) than 2.2
> (C:\Radius).
> I Went through the 2.5 Admin and installed the service and then
> restarted.
> It stopped authenticating.

Typically, testing something before putting it into production
is a good thing. Especially for mission critical things. :(

> I have spent most of the day trying to sort out the mess. I have the
> authentication back up but I can't get accounting to work. Debug mode
> shows me authentication requests but no accounting requests. The MAX
> set up has not been touched in the area of authorization or accounting,
> I have just added some names to the MAX Names/Passwords table.

What problems are you seeing in -x15 debug more? RadiusNT 2.5
actually uses the ports you specify in the registry (if you
specify them), whereas RadiusNT 2.2 did not. Have you verified
that the ports are correct?