Re: SNMP Concurrency control

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 30 May 1998 23:00:09 -0700

> Kurt Schafer wrote:
>
> The RadiusNT 2.5 announcement stated that SNMP verification was now available
> to control concurrent logins.
>
> Can you provide a list of NAS's that are supported by this ? In our case we
> have Portmaster 2's and 3's, Ascend MAX 4000's and a few USR TC-16's.

Currently, it has only been tested against Portmasters. It does not
support Ascend. The main key in this release is if you can query a SINGLE
OID that gives the user on that port (or none). I would guess that
the USR is possible capable of this, since it has a lot of PM roots.

The SNMP bit was included at the last minute. We have been using it for
about 3 months and were going to save it for V3, but decided to include
it in 2.5. I will be updating the manual to conver the SNMP Concurrency.
The statistical SNMP information is in the latest docs.