Re: [NTISP Digest]

jmercer ( (no email) )
Sat, 29 Aug 1998 13:10:01 -0500

Thanks Richard and all those who responded. I have joined the list. The
problem I am having is not exactly one with VOP Mail it is just in the
combination of it with IEA's RadiusNT with concurency turned on. The Radius
server doesn't care where the request comes from, the NAS or VOP, it just
allows 1 person to log in with a user name and sends a deny to all others.
Since the customer is logged on, when he checks his mail and VOP sends a
request to radiusNT for auth. it is then denied. the only "cure" is to turn
off concurency or to set login limit to 2 This of course defeats the
purpose.

again Thanks for the help.

>From: "Richard Lachance" <richard@vircom.com>
>Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 12:46:11 -0400

It
>> will not allow me to have concurrency turned on as when the customer
logs
>> in and then tries to get mail it fails because "they are already on
once".
>> Any work arounds? How are you handling this?
>
>I know Sylvain has already replied, but I'd like to add that we host a
>mailing list specifically dealing on VOPMail and on the HTML interface
>add-on. You can join by email mailto:vopmailbeta-request@vircom.com and
put
>the word "subscribe" in the body of the email.
>
>This mailing list is also a good place for prospective buyers to get
>references from other ISPs using the product.
>

>Regards,
>
>Richard.
>Vircom, Inc.

Jerry Mercer