RE: LAN/Routing question

Chuck Scott ( (no email) )
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 14:25:02 -0700

I agree with Rudy on the Cisco aspect. In answer to your other question,
you do need to subnet. How many addresses do you have available on your
current class c? Another option is to try and get a small chunk of
addresses from your upstream provider. Say a block from a 224.

Chuck Scott
Director - Technical Operations
800-585-6603 x770
chuck@integrityonline.com
I N T E G R I T Y O N L I N E I N T ' L
"America's Choice for Internet Integrity"

From: ntisp-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:ntisp-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Rudy Komsic
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 1998 2:18 PM
To: ntisp@iea-software.com
Subject: Re: LAN/Routing question

you sure you want to use the ascend pipeline?
we have a client connected to us who says that he needs to reboot his router
about every 5-6 days since his router seems to lock up. I would rather use
Cisco router for this job since it is scalable and you can easily switch to
high pipe when needed with not much extra costs.