Re: Problems with NT Server

Rik Thomas ( rikt@impaqcomp.com )
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 15:55:34 -0400

Do you get a chance to look at utilization on the box itself before it
locks up? Are you sure no one is attacking the box itself? Take a look at
your router and see. Hate things like this. How many IPs do you have
bound to the NIC? Have you tried sniffing the network to see what the box
is doing?

Heh, I had a client that complained of a slow NT server, the sucker had one
of those cute openGL screen savers running....that sucker really pegged
server utilization. Oh yeah and had like a 3MB BMP for a background....

Rik

---Looking to hire an Internet Professional?Looking for an Internet Job?http://www.ispjobs.orgA Community supported projectSponsor a Page at ISPJOBS for $10/month!