Re: Problems with NT Server

John Lange ( radadmin@palacenet.net )
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 15:32:58 -0500

HI

This server is clean... No Screen saver at all, no background, according to
Taskmgr little or NO activity. The only desktop app runing is Taskmgr. I
thought about activity, once tere was a big jump in activity frozen on the
TM screen, but usally idle time.

JOhn :}

At 03:55 PM 8/11/1998 -0400, you wrote:
>Do you get a chance to look at utilization on the box itself before it
>locks up? Are you sure no one is attacking the box itself? Take a look at
>your router and see. Hate things like this. How many IPs do you have
>bound to the NIC? Have you tried sniffing the network to see what the box
>is doing?
>
>Heh, I had a client that complained of a slow NT server, the sucker had one
>of those cute openGL screen savers running....that sucker really pegged
>server utilization. Oh yeah and had like a 3MB BMP for a background....
>
>Rik
>
>At 02:40 PM 8/11/98 -0500, John wrote:
>>HI
>>
>>All screen activity
>>Taskmgr
>>Web
>>DNS
>>Mail
>>etc. all stop responding
>>I can sometimes ping the nic, but all services stop dead. Sometimes the
>>mouse continues to work for a few minutes, but explorer is dead, no task
>>bar either.
>>
>>Wouldn't be so bad if it were the palacenet.net server, but this is our
>>v-domain server, and our customers are getting pist.
>>
>>JOhn :}
>>

>---
>Looking to hire an Internet Professional?
>Looking for an Internet Job?
>http://www.ispjobs.org
>A Community supported project
>Sponsor a Page at ISPJOBS for $10/month!

John C. Lange, Sr. PALACE dot NET, INC.
microjl@palacenet.net MICRO-TECH Computers, Inc.
608.742.1601 & 6980 1918 New Pinery Road
http://www.palacenet.net/ Portage, WI 53901
Visit our online store @ http://www.microt.com/
Authorized iPSwitch WebVar @ http://www.microt.com/iPSwitch/index.html

--- __o