Re: Problems with NT Server

Mike Mazurek ( mike@inac.net )
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 15:41:30 -0400

Did any of you have the Internet Information Server Assistant from
MediaHouse on your machines in the past? I was having a similar problem
for quite some time and finnally I ran accross an old dll that had been
used by IISA and a corresponding registry entery. Since I have removed
both of these I have not had a problem with it again.

Mike

At 02:40 PM 8/11/98 -0500, you wrote:
>HI
>
>All screen activity
>Taskmgr
>Web
>DNS
>Mail
>etc. all stop responding
>I can sometimes ping the nic, but all services stop dead. Sometimes the
>mouse continues to work for a few minutes, but explorer is dead, no task
>bar either.
>
>Wouldn't be so bad if it were the palacenet.net server, but this is our
>v-domain server, and our customers are getting pist.
>
>JOhn :}
>
>At 12:59 PM 8/11/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>>John ...
>>
>>Welcome to the club. i have been having the same problem for a year. I
>have
>>not been able to track it down with any real assurance that I know what to
>>fix. I am assuming that www or ftp is stoping. The rest of the server
>>continues to work? I thought my problem was polyform CGI. But, now I am
not
>>so sure. I really think that we are the victim of M$. If you learn
>something
>>that I don't know please advise.
>>
>>Brent Sheppard
>>

>>John Lange wrote:
>>
>>> HI
>>>
>>> We are having a few problems with one of our web servers, it is just
>>> stoping without any error message, dr watson, blue screen, or any sign as
>>> to why it is stoping, and I pulling my hair out. This can happen at any
>>> time of the day or night. Usually within an hour either way of midnight,
>>> sometimes in the middle of the day..
>>>
>>> This system has been up solid for a year and a half with no major changes,
>>> software or hardware. I have re-applied the service pack and hotfixes
>>> several times. Everything except complete new re-installation of the
O/S..
>>> Done all the normal things like chkdsk, memroy diags, hardware diags,
etc..

>>> Specs as follows:
>>> Dual p166 (no mmx) ASUS MB
>>> NT server 4.0 sp3, teardrop hotfix..
>>> 128MB ram
>>> 2.5GB IDE
>>> No SCSI (heard there were some issues with dual cpu's & Adaptec)
>>> Cirrus Logic PCI Video
>>>
>>> Software:
>>> Website Pro 1.1f (service)
>>> iMail 4.03 (service)
>>> Serv-U 2.4 (only recent change up from 2.3 & Rob has no clue) (applicaton)
>>> Arcana Schedular (service)
>>> MRTG (perl 5.107)
>>>
>>> These are servers, and have NO Desktop Apps installed..
>>>
>>> Any light you can shed would be helpful.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> JOhn :}
>>>
>>> John C. Lange, Sr. PALACE dot NET, INC..
>>> microjl@palacenet.net MICRO-TECH Computers, Inc..
>>> 608.742.1601 & 6980 1918 New Pinery Road