Re: For those using MS-DNS

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Wed, 1 Jul 1998 11:09:01 -0400

> From: rkm <rkm@marshall.net>
> Went thru a period of this with one of our servers.. wound up that it was
> after we had added some virtual IP's to the box... DNS service was
running
> but not working. We removed and reinstalled the service and haven't had
the
> problem since. BTW on the reinstall it did pick up all the previous DNS
> records.

Make sure you install the post-SP3 hotfix for DNS after you reinstall the
DNS service. We've been using MS DNS since NT4 came out and haven't had a
single problem with it since 12/96. It acts as our primary DNS and as
secondary for a few virtually hosted domains that originally had their
primary DNS settings pointing to a Unix machine a while back.

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com