RE: User not able to dial out

Greg Keys ( (no email) )
Thu, 28 May 1998 10:59:55 -0400

OK, I have seen with some systems an inability by Win95 to "skip" a com
port.
When the modem is set to Com4 some applications(32bit) will see the modem
and work, some will not see it at all, and others will see it as "in
use".........

Many problems like this have been solved by setting the modem to com2 and
disabling com2 in cmos. Many Plug&Pray modems exhibit the same type of
behavior when left to there own devices. See if the P&P type modem has a
setting for manual port configuration..........

Gregory E. Keys
System Administrator
LoclNet (A Division of ESC Inc.)
Electro-data Systems Company Inc.