Re: Delayed data transmissions between USR 28.8 and USR 33.6 ???

Danny Sinang ( (no email) )
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 16:13:59 +0800

Hi Rudy.

I checked her DNS settings in the Control Panel and it is blank
( disabled ).

I had her dial into my server and check the readings when she ran
WINIPCFG.EXE

Her DNS server is some IP address 165.87.195.244 . Her first ISP in the past
was IBM and now it is SkyInternet.

I don't know where WINIPCFG got that IP address. Any ideas ?

I checked her DUN settings and they are set to 172.31.1.1 ( a private IP
address of our DNS server ).

When I had her browse a site using an IP address, she gets the same result -
agonizing delay before getting the website content. Is this a virus or a bug
of her browser not working with our proxy server ?

Hope somebody could help.

- Danny