Re: Fwd: Emerald & ASP

Will LaSala ( will@greennet.net )
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 09:53:36 -0400

May be I should've read all the posts first...;-)

Well from my experience ASP works faster on NT then Perl.
And it easier to learn and do....but since I learned Perl first
it's know a matter of personal choice.
They both do a fine job connecting to database via an ODBC.

AS far as tech email ( I think that's what Duane was talking about)
I can imagine that there is a need for a tech email and attachment to be
sent to the incident
reports and for it still to be left in the tech email box.
I think I could do this rather quickly but I'd need to make sure that's what
you're talking about.
However if you just talking about customers that signup online,
then you can use just the signup ASP form on Dale's ftp site it does exactly
that
(p.s. new version next week for pre-existing customers to reconfig their
browsers)

I would however love to have some type of Web Base Emerald that can do
everything that
the normal Visual Basic Emerald does.
I'd be happy to help people on the list start it (or by the looks of it
since Ed already has a piece of it,
I'd be happy to help him finish it).

I guess the one deciding factor is Dale.
And if he'd let us use his design and move it to the web.

What do you think Dale?

Will ,,,=^. .^=,,,
Webmaster
"Link Locally ~ Surf Globally©" http://www.greennet.net
Come Play On The Best Quake Server in the Northeast
Serving Eastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire
TEL: 978-363-8898 FAX: 978-363-1225 email:will@greennet.net
From: Ed Miller <emiller@del.net>
To: emerald@iea-software.com <emerald@iea-software.com>
Date: Thursday, August 06, 1998 5:31 PM