Re: SQL servers other than Microsoft

emerald@nls.net
Sun, 21 Jun 1998 00:49:46 -0400

At 10:56 AM 6/19/98 -0700, you wrote:
>List,
> Has anyone put their SQL database on a Linux box using mySQL. Since it is
>ODBC compliant this shouldn't be to hard. I've also seen a mySQL servers in
>production. It is many, many times faster than Microsoft SQL.

Linux runs good when doing a single query, but doing multiple queries sucks
bigtime compared to MSSQLserver. Linux doesn't do threading real well, it
didn't appear to be mySQL but instead looks like an OS issue.

I was looking into it for a different db application, don't know if emerald
would make much difference or not but I suspect not.

Geo.