Re: stranded?

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 09 May 1998 15:25:19 -0700

Jim Dunmyer wrote:

> I occassionally get "stranded" sessions for no apparent reason other than
> perhaps an unusual disconnection from the user's modem. This leaves Emerald
> thinking that they're still online and of course, they can't get back on.
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1) What causes this, and is there any way of correcting it? (we're using
> USR Total Control racks)

Typically the people who report this are running USR gear and its
when people disconnect either by just dropping the line or some
other non PPP disconnect. I would guess its a bug in the USR gear
that causes something funny to happen to the accounting stop record
for that session. Maybe someone with a USR could run RadiusNT in
-x15 debug mode and capture the debug of the session hanging up?

> 2) Does this ever clear by itself? I CAN go into the "online" display,
> highlight the offender and clear it, but I was wondering if it will ever
> "heal".

The next time someone logs onto the port it will clear.