Re: Transaction Log

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 08 May 1998 20:38:46 -0700

Jeff Cummings wrote:

> I'm attempting to do consolidation on about 850,000 call records and I
> continue to get good old error 1105, (transaction log) on my TEMPDB.

This is sorta like "don't bite off more than you can chew". Emerald
2.2 and higher comes with the ability to specify a "chunk" of the
consolidation to do, rather than the whole thing. Trying to run a
consolidation on 850,000 records will typically require more space
than the size of your tempdb (the tempdb is used to sort/order the
results before giving them to Emerald). Use 2.2 and them work in
reverse order (highest number back, not the one in parenthesis) and
it should be fine.