Re: Thanks - Re: NEED A REPORT REAL FAST

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 14:15:29 -0700

Josh Hillman wrote:

> > And via vi input the port address and output the username?
>
> I have no idea. We still have CR 4.5 on our machine. I think we have 5.0
> (came with Cold Fusion 2.0 or some other program) but I've never messed
> around with that or 6.0.

In 5.0 and higher, you can define parameters. Crystal reports will query
the user for the parameter before it runs the report. The parameters can
be used in the selection criteria as well. I've done this some, but the
ackwardness in how they do their dates makes date parameters fairly
user un-friendly. Other stuff like usernames and such work fine.

> I've always wanted to make reports that I could run and have it ask for
> things like start/end dates or a username, etc. Emerald has the option to
> select date ranges, but as far as I know, you can't add your own reports to
> that section. The custom reports section doesn't give you any options for
> dates, etc.

Those are gone now that CR can do the querying itself. I'm hoping
the parameter features of CR will be more user friendly in the
future. :)