Re: Account Expiry..??

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 01:33:09 -0700

Tim Ballingall wrote:

> I am still trying to convert Radius over from text files to odbc ( MS
> Access ) and I'm having a couple of problems..
>
> When I dial into my cisco 2511 things work fine... When I dial into my
> outside provider ( an Ascend I think ) I get the messages ( from -x15
> -w )
>
> LOG: Your Account is Expired.
>
> Your Account is Expired.
>
> I am using the same dialin account details for both attempts...

What does radlogin show for the authentication? I would find it
rather interesting that one client would work and one wouldn't.

> Also - occasionally I get incomplete accounting records from my outside
> provider. Is this likely to cause the user to be denied access.?

No. Accounting doesn't have a lot of bearing on authentication,
unless you have concurrency control enabled.

> Unfortunately I have no control over the accounting records sent from my
> provider, can I make RadiusNT any more flexible with regards to incoming
> records ?

It depends on what the error is. There are some ways to work around
issues of missing fields (add a default to the column) but something
are simply database restricted.