Re: Setup problems (RadiusNT, SQL Server, ISPAdmin)

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 09 Apr 1998 12:22:20 -0700

Mike Noel wrote:

> So I'm thinking that everything with ODBC is fine. I next try to setup
> RadiusNT to use this DSN. In the Admin I click the ODBC checkbox and
> select Radius from the selection list. Then I go to the ODBC Security tab
> and enter the username and password needed to access the database. The
> problem is when I click "Check". It returns a dialog box that says: "Check
> Connection Failed".

The check not only checks the connectivity, but also that the MasterAccounts
and SubAccounts tables exists (and are accessable). Do those tables exist
in the database?

> ODBC Datasource: 'Radius'...
> Making ODBC Connection...
> ODBC Datasource: 'Radius'...
> Making ODBC Connection...
> Error Initializing License Information

Also check to see if the Liscenses table exists and you have an eval
license or permanent license. That will help quite a bit. Sales can
get you the eval license.