Re: radius V2.5 again

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 01:35:44 -0800

Christian Schmit wrote:

> In which time frame can we expect radius
> 2.5 to be released. Normally it already should
> be there for months according to informations
> posted here before.

I just finished up the last minute script to allow SQL Server
users to use 2.5 w/out having to have Emerald 2.5 installed.
I just created the mailing lists for the betas, and will be
getting final checks to make it available.

> Which new functions will 2.5 offer? Will radiusNT
> only customers (people which do not own Emerald)
> loose any functions compared to v2.2?

There are lots of new features of RadiusNT 2.5. You'll have
to read the manual to see the full extent of them.

RadiusNT 2.2 customers will not loose any functionality
by upgrading to RadiusNT 2.5. I will admit that you may not
have some functionality that you want (limited to Enterprise
or Emerald licenses only) but we have not removed in
functionality that was officially in 2.2 (excluding un-forseen
behavioral changes).