Re: RadiusNT -

Jim Dunmyer ( jdunmyer@toltbbs.com )
Tue, 03 Mar 1998 12:32:48 -0500

At 08:09 AM 3/3/98 -0800, you wrote:

>I guess I explained it wrong. What I should have said is when I reboot the
>SQL server it leaves people in the table. The solution another user
>suggests below is interesting but I run RadiusNT as a service.
>
>>We start RADIUS from the startup group with this batch file:
>
>>REM Starts RadiusNT Service
>>isql -E -d Emerald -Q "UPDATE ServerPorts SET AcctStatusType = 2 WHERE
>>AcctStatusType = 1"
>>net start RadiusNT
>
>Do you have any other suggestions? Seems like RadiusNT should clear the
>serverports before it starts, will this be changed in future versions?

Gregg,
We had to make RADIUSNT not start up automatically because it would
sometimes win the race with SQL Server, so wouldn't process incoming calls.
To get around this, we set the startup in the Services window to "Manual"
and start it as I showed above. RADIUSNT is running as a Service, just
being started a bit later via the batch file.

<<jdunmyer@toltbbs.com>>